Logic Puzzle #1
This is the first logic puzzle and is similar to those found the book English Fun Stuff. In this puzzle there are six houses in a row, and each house is a different color. At each place there is a person with a different name, a different pet, a different tree in the yard, and a different car in the driveway. Each person also has a favorite drink that is different. Your job is to sort it all out and get the relationships right. It is a process of elimination. You will probably want to print this file and work on it off line.
This one is relatively easy with only two basic types of clues. One type of clue means the items go together; the other means the items are next to one another…
Make a grid six rows high and seven columns wide. In the first column write the following , one termer row: drink, house color, pet, tree, car, and name. That is the way the key will be set up when I get around to posting it. If you set up a grid, the items which go together will fit into the same column.
Those next to one another will be in the next column to the right or left.
Just to help you get started, I’ll tell you that the dog lives in the third house from the left. Thus, you should put the word dog in the third row in the third blank column. Also you should know that there are no clues for the red house, the Chevy, or water, which is the drink of choice for one of the folks. The clues follow.
- The 7-Up drinker has a maple tree in the yard.
- The oak tree is next to the yellow house.
- The Coke drinker owns a horse.
- The pine tree is next to the fir tree.
- Joe drives a Jeep.
- The Ford is parked next door to the green house.
- Mary has a cherry tree in her yard.
- Sam lives next door to the blue house.
- The goat lives at the green house.
- The Datsun is parked next door to the white house.
- The Toyota is in the driveway next door to the yellow house.
- The oak tree and the goat are on the same property.
- Sue owns the dog.
- The fir tree is next to the yard with the horse.
- The coffee drinker and the 7-Up drinker are next door neighbors.
- The Honda is parked next door to Sue’s house.
- The cow lives at the brown house.
- Bill has an elm tree in his yard.
- The milk drinker and the tea drinker live side by side.
- The cat lives next door to the green house.
- Sue lives next door to the yellow house.
- The bird lives on the property with the pine tree.
- Fred lives next door to the 7-Up drinker.
- Joe sees the Datsun parked next door every day.
- The coffee drinker lives in the green house.
- The bird is in the house next to the milk drinker.
- The cow is owned by the milk drinker.
- The fir tree is not next to the elm tree.
Have a good time. If you want help, wish to comment, or want me to check your answer, e-mail me.
February 7, 2014 / Frode / 0
Categories: Fun Things